Founded in 2011, SynEnergy has over 50 years of combined experience. Our team includes professional engineers, certified energy managers and LEED AP certified staff members.
Our methodology for MEP Engineering Design is to combine 1) financial modeling with 2) energy analysis – to bring value to your team and the owner.
SynEnergy is an engineering firm, with a focus on mechanical/electrical engineering design and high performance buildings.
Our staff has extensive expertise with integrating MEP design with computational fluid dynamics and DOE2 hourly-simulated energy modeling tools.
Life Cycle Cost – Financial Analysis informs clients on both capital cost and operations cost, including savings from an energy efficient design.
Our Company Ethos
SynEnergy brings the processes and experience of a large company with the agility and customer service of a small company.
We design systems to align with client needs – not to meet code
We cultivate long term relationships
Hospitable workplace: happy employees = happier clients
Accountability: see something = say something
Open Communication: Leadership encourages candor and diverse options which fosters innovation
- Survey the building conditions.
- Gather requirement from owner.
- Understand the contention points.
2. Energy Model
- Conduct a 3D heat transfer simulation.
- Model various mechanical systems, boilers, VAV, constant volume, VFDs, etc.
- Inform owner of energy savings for electricity and natural gas.
3. CFD Analysis
- For high performance design (data centers, health care).
4. Financial Analysis
- Life cycle cost – pro forma – payback etc.
5. MEP Design
- Coordination – Load calcs, equipment selection, specs, etc.
6. Construction Drawings
- Sealed/stamped 100% CDs.